It’s not a secret that we (Daryl, Mikel, and Colin) learn by reading. In every newsletter we highlight the current book each of us is reading. We’ve joked that LEV is actually a book club that just happens to buy businesses. We’ve handed out many books over the last couple years. So we decided to formalize it, a bit.
Below are books we recommend reading in 2019 as part of the Little Engine Ventures Book Club. There’s no cost to join the book club. You can start with any book you want. Even better, let’s have a meeting and we’ll follow up with our recommendation. After you read the book we send you, you can keep it in your library, pass it along to someone else, or give it back to us and get another book from the list to read.
- The Little Book that Beats the Market by Joel Greenblatt
- The Outsiders by William Thorndike
- Intelligent Investor by Ben Graham
- Street Smarts by Norm Brodsky
- Killing Giants by Stephen Denny
- When by Daniel Pink
- Finish Big by Bo Burlingham
- Measure What Matters by John Doerr
- Algorithms to Live By by Brian Christian
- The First 90 Days by Michael Watkins
And no Little Engine Ventures Book Club would be complete without our namesake: The Little Engine That Could by Watty Piper.
4 thoughts on “2019 Book Club”
Comments are closed.